Monday, June 13, 2011

A Short Introduction To My Roommate: Tiff

 For all those out there who are not independently wealthy, when taking a leap of faith to reach those Van Gogh stars-- roommates are necessary. I got luck with Tiff. Tiff is the phonetic of TF, or Temporary Friend. Tiff has informed me that as soon as my sublet ends (in three months) or I make friends of my own, our friendship is over.

First thing you should know about Tiff, she is sharp. Example:

Tiff (after I walk into the apartment): Wow, you are, uh, really sweaty.
Me: Well.. (still breathing heavy after the damnable stairs) there is a heat wave going on out there.
Tiff: You walked didn't you?
Me: Yes (translation: I walked 2.45 miles in weather that felt like a humid 102).
Tiff: Well, that is your own damn fault. Take the bus.

Second thing you should know about Tiff, the friendship is conditional. Here are the things I did to potentially strain our tenuous relationship:

1. I broke the strove by cleaning it; apparently too much of the cleaning liquid got in the stoves and prevented the gas from igniting. Tiff wanted hotdogs (which are awkward when cooked in the microwave). I was really worried that I had killed the stove. But alas, Three (the final roommate) fixed it with a lighter. Three is a badass.

2. I was getting the rounds of drinks at the bar (Tiff wanted a cranberry Vodka) and the bar ran out of cranberry juice (which lacks a certain foresight on their behalf) and the bar tender held the nozzle of orange juice over her cup and asked "OJ?" I panicked and said yes. Bad Call. Second runner up was pineapple juice. I swore (and will continue to swear) that I will never make the same mistake twice. Tiff, champ that she is, drank it anyways; she looked pained.

3. I swear I am not a bad dancer. But sometimes I get enjoyment out of dancing oddly to make people laugh. Tiff was not amusing. Duly noted.

Third thing, Tiff likes French Fries. Which is good, because so do I.

No comments:

Post a Comment